Monday, April 7, 2014

Things learned and NEED to learn

Sunrise over Phoenix


Hello family and friends!

Congratulations Austin! (Her cousin who was called to serve a mission in Mexico) Go through the temple ASAP!!! And go as often as you can!!!

I have a package in the mail, it should be there by Thursday. Nothing too exciting in it.

Training is going well. My comp is awesome!!! She is 19 and so fun! She loves working hard, which is awesome! We have seen so many miracles.

Funny story. We were street contacting and we went up to this lady who was getting out of her car. We do the typical, "hi were the missionaries..." thing and she starts saying "No,no NO!!" and backing up... She then exclaimed that she was greek orthodox and wouldn't change for anyone! Honestly you would have thought we were trying to hurt her!!!

The next house we went to the lady opened the door saw our name tags, said "NO",  and slammed the door. Seriously people, we are just trying to help you. Oh well, that is missionary work. This is why members are the best!

We really are finding success!!! Things are picking up and really moving forward!!! I am really excited to see what happens next!!

How was conference for you? Its actually kind of weird watching conference with people who aren't my family. They have some weird traditions. Some of them I might try when I'm a mom, but others are just weird!!! Also, strangely enough, conference time is a big home-sick time for missionaries, at least the ones I've met. I'm okay. I got a little homesick Saturday, but not bad.

I'm getting tan!!! Its weird! My arms and face are dark. My legs aren't though. I have actually been using a spray tan. I know pathetic, but my legs are SO scary white. The spray actually looks pretty good!

I have a question for all of my family members!!! WHY DID YOU LET ME COME ON A MISSION NOT KNOWING HOW TO CHECK TIRE PRESSURE?!?!?!?  I had to have some random guy help me do it today!!! I know how to now, but really when I get home you are teaching me how to do all this car stuff. At least I know how to change a tire, just in case anything happens (other than the first time I had to change a tire here.)

I am doing great. I'm loving Arizona and the people I am serving. I am learning a lot about myself and the gospel. For example the atonement is truly infinite and I am slightly OCD. I have also learned that I do want 5 kids (mostly boys, maybe 2 girls) but either way I think I'll be fine. I just want kids eventually. I will always be a temple recommend holder. I would die if I had to live gluten free (those of you who do it are amazing). I just learn lots of random but awesome things.

This week I reach my 9 month mark. Half way. Talk about bitter sweet. I think I might extend though. Of course I don't know yet. It isnt really 100% my choice, but in 9 months we will see.

I hope you are all doing well. Look for the miracles in your life!

Ask yourselves these questions:
  • Who do I know that is not a member of the church? 
  • What have you done to help them learn more? 
  • What is your next step to help them learn more? 
  • Are you doing it? 

Be good member missionaries!!! Sharing the gospel is as easy as just telling people you went to church sunday, or that you are excited to go to the temple. Anyone can do it!!! Get going!  With the increase of missionaries you would think that the work is exploding and that more convert baptisms are happening, but this past year they went way down!!! There is a BIG problem with that!!! Are you doing your part to help??? Food for thought!

I love you all!!  I hope you don't think I'm chastising you. I just want you to know how important you are!

Have a wonderful week! write me! be safe!

Love,
Sister Bresia Yates

No comments:

Post a Comment