Monday, April 21, 2014

Zoo, Singing, and Meetings with President Sweeney!

This morning we went to the Phoenix Zoo. It was so hot!!! But it was really fun! The zoo is not the best I've seen, but it was fun to do something different! I got to feed stingrays :)

Mom and dad, I got the packages from you! Dad, thank you for the music!!! Mom, thank you for the skirts!!! I really love the orange one!!! 

I am working on getting in better shape. We have a sister in our ward who is a personal trainer and she is going to help me get my butt and legs looking great!!! 

Life is good! 

I am so happy that Elder Molinaro got his visa! Only, it is going to make transfer meetings a little less exciting! Qh well, I know he is so excited! 

The mission is great! We had 3 investigators at church Sunday! It was great, and Sister Baham and I sang in the ward choir! I love singing, I really do! I wish life was a musical and we all just broke out in song randomly!!! 

Easter was great! Only one dinner, which was so nice! It was really fun, but totally didn't feel like Easter, which is actually kind of sad considering it is one of the most important holidays. 

We have interviews and inspections this week. We get to meet with President Sweeney, and our car guy will come look at our cars. I love this day! I am so excited to see President again! He is so great! He is a Poppy type of person! Just so kind and loving. 

I love pineapple. I use to hate it, but now I love it! The only bad thing is I eat it until my mouth is raw. That is not so fun, but I can't get enough of it! I also think that I have a gluten intolerance anytime I eat wheat I feel SO sick! SO I am trying to cut back on my gluten intake, but that is hard to do when members feed you! All the pasta is gonna kill me! Oh well, at least we don't have to feed ourselves!

The weather is nice, just hot :) I am so thankful for sunblock! The sun really does just beat here!!! 

Missionary work is going to get weird here soon! No one is outside during the day! If we were in a foreign mission we would maybe get siestas but not here... its still fun though!! 

Question for Stewart: Where did you find the song you had me sing in gospel doctrine before I left? I want it and I have some friends that want it. 

I love you all :) I miss you and hope you are all doing well!!! 

Be safe and smart! 

Go to church and love the gospel!!!! 

Love,   
Sister Yates


PS!!! I also got to help at the Easter Pageant! I saw people I knew from my last area and so many missionaries I knew. I also got to see it once! I was so happy to see it! It was so great!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment