Monday, July 28, 2014

I will be getting transferred so don't send anything to me unless you send it to the mission office. I don't know where I'm going I just know I'm leaving.
Do I need special stamps to send to Austin? If so can you send me some. Normal stamps would be great too!!!
Mom and dad, I have had to pay a few medical bills, so can you look on my card and figure that out. I know I paid $10 one time in cash but like 30 another time on my card. Medical stuff is easier when you two handle it!!!!
Dad, can you send me another memory card so i have 3.
Happy birthday Tyler Moss and Mia!!!!! I love you two and hope you have amazing birthdays!!!!
I'll let you all know where I am transferred to next Wednesday because that is next week's p-day. That should be fun! President said probably somewhere in Scottsdale, but we will see. It shouldn't be a biking area, but if it is I will just borrow a bike I am NOT buying a bike!!! Not with 6 months left!!! but I will let you know what is going on!
I hope you are doing well!! I love you all so much! Keep looking for missionary moments! Have a great week:)
Sorry this was so short! Time flies!!! Especially on p-day!!
Love you all!!!!
Sister Yates




okay so we got extra time, because we didn't get our whole hour and a half.

Crazy story of the week:
 
We were driving around a neighborhood looking for a member's house and we see this guy sitting in a parked truck. We usually don't talk to people in cars because they are usually leaving, but we all felt that we needed to stop and talk to this guy. I felt like we shouldn't turn around, but that we should just park around the corner and walk back to him. So we did. As we got closer, we realized that something was not right! The guy looked like he was dead!!! He was very skinny, and not moving at all! His eyes were totally glazed over and he was very pale! I THOUGHT HE WAS DEAD!!! We got up to the car and found out that he was not dead, but he wasn't far from it! We started talking to him because we wanted to make sure he stayed with us!! Next thing you know his girlfriend is out with us telling us that he just got out of the hospital after overdosing on heroin!!!! She asked if we could walk him away from her house so her parents didn't see him. We walked him to our car around the corner and sat with him. She had to get her kid in bed so two hours later she came back and took him, but while we were just sitting there with him we were able to talk to him. People are nuts when they are on drugs!!! This guy was almost 6 feet tall and probably weighed 100 pounds. He looked like a holocaust survivor. We talked about the gospel. He was receptive, but most high people we run into are. The best part was him rapping. At one point he got up and just started doing the craziest rap I've ever heard!!! And he danced!!! It was so funny!!!! Don't do drugs people!!! Honestly it was scary! We had no idea who he was, Sister b knows about heroin because she knows an addict, but all I really know is it is one the worst you can be addicted to!!! I was so worried that he would pass out or just die right there!!! I was just really glad we didn't have to call 911 or do mouth to mouth or anything!! I'm also glad he didn't puke in the car!!! That would have been bad!!! But that situation reminded me why I would love to be a nurse. No, I have no idea if I will but I would enjoy it!!! Helping people is my favorite! We are hoping he is okay and that he gets cleaned up!
 
 
That was the big story of the week!!! I'm excited for this transfer. I'm a little sad because I've been here over 7 months, but I like change!!! Its exciting!!! I'll miss the people here and my companions and this zone, but that's okay!! This is actually a big change for the whole mission!! Like everyone is moving! There are a lot of missionaries going home this transfer, next transfer, and then again in December between this transfer and next transfer we lose 20-30 missionaries!!!!!
 
I am considering extending. It isn't totally my choice, but we will see. Nothing set yet and I haven't talked to President Sweeney about it but I will!! President Sweeney is fine if Billy took a video of my statement for the dumb wreck stuff. So just keep me posted!
 
 
Did I mention that I'll probably be sending a box home soon? Nothing too exciting, but just stuff I don't need! Just stick it with the rest of my stuff at moms house! I'll go through it after. I will have a lot to go through when I get home but I can tell you all stories about the stuff I've collected!!! I've got some cool stuff :) well now I am really done!!
 
I love you all so much! Go to the temple often! Read and pray! Talk to people about the gospel, it doesn't have to be an awkward thing!!! Make it normal!!!
 
I love you!!!
 
ps: I'm thinking about getting a hair cut! Just a trim, but when I get home I think I might change it up!!! My hair is super long!!!! Mermaid hair all the way!!! Only problem is my hair has thinned out a lot in the valley! Maybe something about the heat!!! My skin is finally clearing up!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment